Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
Softheon Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) gives employers and employees in small businesses a cost-effective, value-driven opportunity to choose health plans while meeting demands within budgets. Softheon SHOP provides solutions for health plan issuers, small employers and employees to connect with SHOP exchanges.
Softheon SHOP interface provides real-time integration with respective Health Insurance Exchanges (HIXs) business areas to assist qualified small employers in enrolling employees in health insurance plans.
Softheon SHOP includes the following capabilities:
- Verification of employers and employees through the Federal Data Hub
- Determination of eligibility to participate in SHOP exchanges
- Provisions for qualified employers to search, compare and select from health plan products for employees
- Allowing qualified employers to upload and maintain employee rosters
- Provision for qualified employers to apply for tax credits
- Calculations, collections and payments of employee contributions
- Provisions for employees to purchase plans selected by employers
- Facilitation and tracking of payments by employers and employees to the QHPs
- Processing HIXs fees and navigator payments
Opportunities and Benefits
By adapting Softheon SHOP, opportunities and benefits for health plans include:
- Health plan information can be reviewed online, making plan comparison and selection easier
- Improve employee options and comfort levels will improve through the use of a simple, easy-to-understand experience designed for individuals with little or no knowledge of health insurance
- Preserve employer control is preserved while helping to meet federal and state regulations and timetables
- Help SHOP Exchange Participants make informed decisions with personalized support.
- Innovation and improvements in affordability, quality and customer service
- Lowered costs through improved operations and administration